What is the lymphatic system and why does it matter?
The lymphatic system is part of the immune system and a crucial player in your body’s ability to ward off disease and heal from injury. Proper functioning of the lymphatic system is vital to our body’s ability to drain stagnant fluid, regenerate tissue, filter out toxins and foreign substances, and maintain a healthy immune system. It works continuously to keep your body clean and functioning well.
Since the lymphatic system has such a big role in our health we can take extra measures to maintaining and taking special care of it. With a healthy lymphatic system, many people report being more healthy and energetic. With the amount of toxins that pile up within our body, it’s no wonder we feel good after purifying our bodies.
What is Rejuvenation and Detoxification?
Rejuvenation and Detoxification is cleansing your bodily purification system. It may reduce risk of disease and expedite the healing process of many conditions, sweeping away the toxins, foreign substances and debris, ensuring your lymph flow remains clear and unimpeded.
Our Rejuvenation and Detoxification Program
Rising Sun Physical Therapy would like to support your efforts to reduce the overall "body sludge" with our Rejuvenation and Detoxification Program.
The Rejuvenation and Detoxification Program assists you with:
- Managing pain
- Managing local swelling
- Reducing fatigue
- Improving your physical function
- Improving your emotional health
- Improving body composition and lean body mass
- Deepening relaxation
- Reducing stress
- Boosting the immune system
- Reducing inflammation
- Cleansing your body
- Establishing healthy habits
- Helping you to stay healthy
Our program is designed for people who want to stay healthy and are motivated to form a lifelong habit of well-being. It is ideal for people who like a hands-on approach to taking their health to the next level.
Our program uses lymph drainage therapy, supporting exercises and nutrition guidance to help you naturally cleanse your body. In addition, we utilize CranioSacral therapy to boost your emotional health and your body’s self-healing mechanisms. By the end of this program you will feel rejuvenated and refreshed and your body’s defense mechanisms will be at their best.
What to expect in your initial visit
In your initial visit a therapist will evaluate your health and analyze your exercise and nutrition.
During the course of treatment you will:
- have one-on-one consultations with a physical therapist and a nutrition consultant.
- receive a customized health assessment and advice about how to best address your goals.
- learn about simple and easy ways to feel vibrant and more energetic instantly and how to achieve your optimal health.
- determine the best program to target your specific problems and set a treatment plan fine-tuned to meet your needs.
Bridge-The-Gap-Pilates at Rising Sun Physical Therapy with a Physical Therapist
If you are currently going through a Physical Therapy Rehab program with great success, but are interested to level up with your health and wellness even further, bridge the gap between your rehab and sports/job/daily activities, and reach your fullest potential, build a strong foundation to advance your techniques and get your best body yet, then this program might be for you.
In this program, you will
- reach your highest potentials and maximize your control
- advance your techniques and your body mind connection
- use your body smarter, not harder
- regain a sustainable posture, movements, and habits for a lifetime
- reduce your risks for future injuries
- be more confident, focused, productive and be on the winning team
What is the difference between Private Pilates taught by a Physical Therapist (PT/Pilates) versus a Pilates Fitness Teacher (Fit Pilates)?
There is a difference in skill, experience, and scope of practice when dealing with clients who currently have or have had past injuries or physical limitations. These clients may require different exercise progressions or adaptations of the exercises based on their medical history.
Will my insurance, Flex-Spend, or HSA account cover Pilates?
Pilates used within your Physical Therapy treatment are billable to your insurance, as long as your treatments are medically necessary and applied by your Physical Therapist.
The Bridge-The-Gap-Pilates program is an advanced wellness program to reach your highest potential beyond what is medically necessary. This service is not billable to your insurance. However, your HSA account or flexible spending accounts might cover wellness services. Please get this information from your HR.
Some examples of injuries benefitting from Pilates include:
- Back injuries
- Neck pain
- Shoulder, hip, knee, ankle injuries
- Prenatal/postpartum conditions
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- and more